5.14.2011

Sailboat Top



Although it wasn't on my original list of things to sew this week, for some reason I felt like making an Oliver+S Sailboat Top.  Their patterns are always impeccable and full of detail which makes for not a quickie project. I do appreciate the attention to detail though. I also had to trace a new size since I had only traced 18 months. I really hate tracing patterns. I have stacks of patterns ready to be traced. 

There are so many ideas swimming around in my brain. It's only gotten worse since I started adding to my "Things to make" board in my Pinterest.

p.s. I made a royal mess of the buttonholes on one side of this top so those buttons are faux buttonholes with the buttons stitched permanently closed. The other side turned out fine and I'm hoping his big head will fit through the opening. I really don't need another sewing fail this week.

Cotton Knit Fabric - Fabric.com
Cotton Rib knit - JoAnn's
Be A Hero ribbon - Farbenmix

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. That top would look pretty cute with the linen pants I made the other day. I just adore anything seashore.

Anonymous said...

Looks fab! I made a pair of sailboat pants yesterday and I love the finish. I've got some crazy ninja monkey jersey to make the top from at some point...

Daph said...

Aw, I love that top and the button detail! I am the same way about tracing patterns, it's my least favorite thing to do.

Carolyn said...

Really cute! I love the red buttons on it!
(and I HATE tracing patterns too....)

Unknown said...

Okay, I love this so much I wish I had one for myself. I had a hell of a time with button holes today, glad to know I'm not alone!

Kimberly said...

Oh, and I spied this top featured on Elsie Marley today - no surprise there, it's a stunner. :)

oversewn (Raven) said...

Hahahaha - I love it Sascha......you and your brilliance of anchoring buttons..... you just made it go from to 4 to 2 buttonholes... I'm going to go chop some knit now
(sorry for my flickr comment - I seriously cannot stop laughing right now - how I needed a good laugh!! xoxo)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...