6.05.2011

Maliboo Romper



I bought this pattern the second it came available. I can't believe I waited until now to make it. I totally love it! This is really a great Summer item that any girl needs to have. It will be perfect as a quick pool cover up for Luca. 


Just ignore the fact that I completely did not match the stripes. Bugger. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made this. It's about one of the simplest garments to sew you would think I would have concentrated a bit more on matching wide stripes. 

This is something I wish Luca could wear to school on hot days. Unfortunately our school has a no halter top rule. Fortunately there are only three days left of school. Next I want to make the longer version with elastic bottoms.

I made this in a French Terry from Fashion Fabrics Club
Lined in cotton baby rib knit maybe also from FFC

5 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

Could you maybe tack the straps to the top of the back binding? It's a cute outfit - I'm sure that no-one will notice the lack of matching the stripes (unless you point that out to them). Remember to tell Luca to walk fast! ;)

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

Such a cute pattern. It is so perfect for little girls in the summer months.

Carolyn said...

Um, freaking adorable!! If it didn't make me look absolutely ridiculous, I would totally wear a jersey romper...

Unknown said...

I love your model's attitude. She is so beautiful! And that pattern is super cute, even if the stripes don't match!

Nuts To You! said...

So cute! I would love to make these for my girls, but I need to know...how easy is it to go to the bathroom. Since we have one who waits until the last minute, I can't have her getting delayed!:)
Shawna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...