11.03.2011

Halloween 2011


Halloween was great for one simple reason...


We totally bribed Vinny into wearing his costume by calling the bat hat a "candy hat" and in order to receive candy from people he was required to wear the hat. I'm totally feeling like a rock star for making that work.


Here's the other bat and the race car driver


And I just had to share this with you. This photo shows about one third of the total pumpkins on the front lawn of this persons house. It was really hard to photograph these lovelies in the dark. There were also about 20 people milling around the sidewalk and wandering through the pumpkins so I'm happy I got one decent photo. 

They do a display like this every year, but in my opinion this was their best show yet. They are placed all over the lawn, the gate, the walkway and the roof! I asked the owner how many they had and he said he really didn't know because every time they counted they got a different number but he said it was somewhere around 160!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween

p.s. I'm so glad costume sewing is done for another year.


8 comments:

la inglesita said...

WOW! Amazing. Hallowen is just making an entrance here in Spain and I wouldn´t ming if my neighbours did this.
Well done with the hat!
María
(I decided to finally comment today after months of silence reading)

KID, MD said...

Nice work getting the little man to wear his hat! He really is too cute. I'm afraid my guy is headed down that 'my way or the highway' road. I wonder if that is a 3rd kid thing?

Millie said...

I have two of those "My way or the highway" kids...3rd and 4th, but they are twins so they also have back-up!
Your children look wonderful....I love the bat hat.
The pumpkins are amazing...we struggled with one! Do they grow them too?

Tara said...

Holy crap, those pumpkins are incredible!

Carolyn said...

Bribery is an oh-so-important component in my parenting. And when I'm getting really exhausted I also like to throw in idle threats that I'll probably never follow through with. That's right - I'm an awesome parent!

JennaRuth said...

The candy hat. Brilliant. Wish I had thought of that-our little man refused the entire night-not even one picture with the hood on!

Unknown said...

Yes! Not only did he wear the candy hat, he rocked the candy hat. So cute! And those pumpkins? Crazy cool.

ari said...

Vinny is so cute :B

Those pumpkins are freaking magical

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...