7.22.2009

Birth Canal Free and Clear!



We went to see Dr. A yesterday for a final ultrasound to check if my placenta has migrated out of the way of the exit door. I have been so worried during this pregnancy that we would have to have a c-section. My biggest concern was not about having the c-section, but the recovery time. Unfortunately Chef can only take off 6 days from work, which leaves me with three children a week after delivery. I also have my sister and mom helping out those first few days, but after the first week I'm on my own.
So the incredibly large placenta has moved and we have the green light for an induction on August 4. Both of my children were induced. Rocco was 10 days late so they finally came after him. He was born 9lbs. 3 oz. with shoulder dystocia (everything turned out fine). Luca was induced 5 days early to try to keep her birth weight lower. She weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. So much for that experiment. Now we are inducing early again to try to keep the baby a little smaller... and by a little smaller the doctor means hopefully under 9 pounds!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...