2.04.2010

Linky-do!!

I love that Dana at MADE and Rae from Made by Rae have teamed up to dedicate February to sewing for boys. It just so happens I have two! And I have a girl too. It's been fun sewing dresses for Luca, but I love the simplicity of boys clothes. 

When Rocco was born people would ask if I planned on sewing for him. It just seamed obvious that I would. I have been sewing since I was six. I actually balked at the idea. I mean hellooooo... it's cheaper and easier  to just buy ready made crap (that's what I thought. I was wrong). What I didn't realize was it's also so much fun to sew for your children. So when Luca came along everyone was sure I'd be sewing up cute little dresses. Wrong again! I actually had not done any real sewing for about 8 years. I kept my machines handy for basic hems and curtains. Nothing creative has come from my machines in 8 long years. I'm not sure why I took this long break, but I did, and I regret it.

I did pick up some new crafty hobbies. I learned to knit. I also managed to do some scrapbooking so my kids will always have cute photo albums to look at when they grow up. I'm also way into home dec and basic remodeling projects. I'll have to post my guest bathroom on here one day. WOW. What was I thinking? Of course, in Spring I spend a lot of time in the garden.

But I digress. I'm back in the swing of things. I just wish I had more time to sew. Things that used to take me an hour to whip up sometimes take days. The kids keep me so busy. Most evenings after they are asleep I find myself sitting at the computer reading all the blogs of other crafty moms.

So this month I will be sewing for the baby! I'm starting on a project that I'll enter in Ashley's Lil Blue Boo contest over at She's teamed up with Dharma Trading Co for a fun challenge. It's the Lil Blue Boo and Dharma Trading Co Challenge. I have a few ideas I'd like to get done, but I'll be surprised if I can manage to finish one entry. We'll see. 

Here's a sneak peak at what I've got started.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...