2.11.2010

Vroom Vroom!

I recently bought a ton of great fabric from my favorite online fabric stores Fabricworm and Fabric.com.
With only four days left in the Lil Blue Boo Dharma Trading Design Challenge I quickly made up a cute outfit using this adorable cars fabric and the Recycled T-Shirt Hoodie pattern by Lil Blue Boo. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but these patterns are seriously easy to use and sew up in no time! Here's a look at what I made today while the kids were in school and the baby was napping.

  
On the kangaroo pocket of the hoodie I cut out one of the cars from the pant fabric and laid it on top of some scrap brown jersey fabric and then cut around that shape. I then stitched both onto one layer of the pocket before the step where the pocket is stitched closed for turning. I wanted a frayed look around the car fabric and I also wanted the jersey to curl a little. It turned out just as planned. 

(The pants are an old pattern I had that goes from 6 mos up to size 7 and they seriously do not fit at all so I won't mention the pattern line here because it's really not a good design)
Did I mention before how easy Ashley's patterns are to use? Yes I did, but here it is again...easy and fast. This was my first hoodie and I am hooked. 

The part I like the best?
The Hood

I just wish I had more time to sew because I have a couple of great ideas for the design challenge. Oh well, next time.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...