I made another pair of the Oliver + S Sailboat Pants with some minor alterations.
I used a very soft cotton stripe that looks a little like an old fashioned ticking. It's just something I've had in my stash. I used four different buttons (kinda cute I think). I raised the pattern up at the waistline 3/4". I also added a little more fabric to the "wedge" in the crotch area. It worked! He's not flashing his cloth diaper at us anymore.
I still need to tweak it a bit more. Maybe another 1/4" higher at the waistline and...
I definitely need to make the elastic a bit longer. That looks painful. I made it smaller than the pattern calls for because my last attempt at this pant had a large waist, but I overdid it. So now I need to do my least favorite thing...unpicking! If they weren't such cute pants I wouldn't bother, but I want him to be able to wear these.
I may try another pair of these in this size but I think they will be much cuter on about a two year old so I may put the pattern away until then.
... I made that