2.15.2011

Just Some More Sewing



A while back I bought some knit skulls fabric from Japan. I mean I didn't go to Japan, rather I purchased it from a seller in Japan. Unlike most knits it is a very narrow fabric which I failed to notice during purchase. It sat for a while and then one day I happened to buy this Circo t-shirt from Target and well, the two look smashing together.

I made a basic pull on pant and went the super lazy route. I didn't even pull out a pattern. I just traced a pair that fits Cenzo currently. I also just cut out a front pocket. I tried my new favorite technique. Faux piping (thanks to Patterns by Figgy for the idea).

I added my little "pp" tag and sandwiched a piece of blue twill tape for extra detail.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I've had that exact same fabric in my etsy cart several time, but the narrowness of it has deterred me from purchasing.

Looks awesome, as usual!

Anna said...

wow, this is awesome, looks so comfy too!

seemownay said...

Looks perfect! I love the tag-detail! Simone

Natasha said...

Well I'm happy to hear that because I'm kind of obsessed with you too. Seriously, where has your blog been my whole life??

Luvvvv that faux knit piping tip by the way, am totally taking that one.

We should blog swap some day, I assume since we're a bit fond of one another that our readers would "get" it too. Don't you think?

Kimberly said...

Pure brilliance! You took an otherwise ordinary shirt and bedazzled the heck out of it. Such a cute combo and I adore your fabric labels. The idea of sandwiching it with a brighter color is awesome! Do you have your labels professionally printed or make them yourself? I just posted a fabric label tutorial on my blog, but using stamps and a stamp pad. Oh! And I think jazzing up a purchased knit t-shirt is a really low-stress way of dipping my toes into sewing with knits!

Holly said...

You have an awesome blog--potty mouth and all---makes me feel right at home (I can cuss like a sailor with the best of 'em too...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...