4.22.2011

Because I Care



Have you ever put a drip dry item in the laundry basket thinking you would remember to pull it from the wash before everything goes into the dryer, only to have the item come from the dryer shrunk up to Barbie sized clothing? 


I made this little sign to remind me (or my husband should he walk by the laundry room and decide to put a load of laundry into the dryer and accidentally ruin a sweater. Yes this has happened).

The reverse side of the card says "Dry Low Heat". I laminated the sign at Kinko's and I keep it attached to the side of the washer with a heavy duty magnet. When I need to use the sign I put it so the sign overlaps with the door of the washer so I can't "forget" about the item that needs attention. 
I keep a sign in the master bathroom for Chef to use (he has a few work shirts that need special attention). We keep the card with a clothespin in a drawer and hopefully it gets remembered before something else is ruined.

On my signs I didn't use accurate symbols. I just picked some icons that I liked. For all I know my sign says "hand wash, hot dryer, line dry and add an extra dash of bleach".


Works great for the portable laundry baskets also. There are obviously many different cards you can make. "Pre-treat", "Use Bleach", "Tumble Dry Low"...

The free fonts I used are from two sources...

I'm thinking these could be fun for lot's of other uses. Any ideas? Let me know in the comments. I want to use these symbols on something else.






6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Um, you're a genius...and obviously a lot more organized than me!!
Seriously, this is a great idea!

Kelli said...

Great idea! I only wish my DH would "decide" to throw in a load of laundry....alas, it is only me who ruins things.

One for the dishwasher would be great too...."Clean" and "Dirty". I'm forever tossing dirty utensils in to a just washed load of dishes.

Nicole said...

Brilliant idea. Of course my wardrobe is not sophisticated enough to have such items :)
We have a dishwasher sign at work...still doesnt stop the rogue dirty fork from getting in the clean washer.

Unknown said...

Absolutely brilliant! I actually sort my laundry as I take it off, I have three different baskets in my closet: delicate dark, delicate light, and everything else. But that doesn't stop my husband from "helping" and sticking everything in the dryer. This is the perfect solution!

Sandra said...

Agree w/ the other comments...simply brilliant!!

Unknown said...

You might likewise need these UNITED STATE Facebook Suches as for gaining competitors that are held online. usa facebook likes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...