Update: I covered my pattern weights finally!
Sewing! Sewing! Sewing! I'm in the mood to sew. Quite a while back I purchased the Village Frock pattern by Sugar City. As usual it sat among my many other patterns ready to be used pile. I've tried to make things a bit easier on myself by at least cutting out the pattern pieces when I buy it so that when I find the time/urge/desire etc... to finally start sewing it will be one step closer to actually happening. Don't remind me of all the Ottobre magazines I have with bookmarks upon bookmarks of patterns to one day trace. By then my kids will be in college and probably not so keen on cute rompers. I'm just guessing.
I originally dyed some white linen (above) to a sweet pink for a dress (which is now cut and ready to sew for the past 4 months). The Christmas dress version I made out of a cotton fine wale corduroy in a very pale lavender. I pre-washed the fabric and it is super soft. The proper drape of fabric is key to making this dress turn out well. A stiff fabric will be too bulky and not have that vintage charm.