5.11.2010

Kids Clothes Week: Day Two

I'm a day late but since Elsie Marley is having a Kids Clothes Week Challenge I grabbed a button and continued on my little kids sewing spree. I have a few more items planned and ready to go for Luca, but I really like how quick the clothes are for the baby. I saw the challenge this afternoon and grabbed the adorable kids clothes week button, plopped it onto my blog, and quickly made this outfit after dinner. I made yet another 90 minute shirt by Dana of MADE (I don't think I'll ever get tired of making these). Tomorrow night is Open House at school so I thought it would be nice for Vinny to have a cute new outfit.
 For the pants I used the Scientific Seamstress Easy Fit Pants. I hemmed the pants tonight while the baby was asleep and I think they are a bit long. Guess he won't be wearing them tomorrow. For the top I used Ottobre 1/2004 "Baby's Bodysuit". This top is very narrow. I didn't realize it as I was sewing it, but it seems like it's more of a skinny 18 month size (I thought I was making about 12 month). Guess he won't be wearing this tomorrow night. It's a good thing the pants turned out too long because now the two are a matching set. As intended, just one size too big. Hey, better big than small.

p.s. I love Echino fabrics. I got the Bus, Helicopters and Bicycles. Fun stuff. I got these at fabricworm.com. I happened to have a lightweight linen that matched the background color of the print perfectly.

1 comment:

Three Dancing Magpies said...

Very cute! So jealous that you had the right color of linen. I just made some pants for my son and ended up with black linen, the natural I had (and wanted to use) was a horrible match! The bus print is so cute. I LOVE this line! Can't wait to see what you do with the other prints. I see more pants in my future sewing and love the patch on the side!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...