Over the weekend I was able to do a teeny bit of sewing. I wanted to make some more pants for the babe and some more of my favorite shirts, the 90 minute shirt, but I remembered the challenge and stayed on track. This is the first time I made this pattern...I've only owned it for a year and a half (hey, that's good for me).
It's the Frida pattern by Mod Kid. Super easy with great instructions. This was my first pattern of Patty Young's and I did not run into a single snafu. Horray. Wait. I speak too soon. I farked up a bit but definitely turned those lemons into lemon aid. Let me explain.
If you've worked with this pattern then you may notice a teensy little , er um, change in the design. The front has a little "V" cutout on the center front neckline. Mine is suspiciously missing. Where did it go?
Oh there it is! On the back. Not where it belongs. When I was attaching the skirt to the bodice I didn't pay attention and only caught my mistake after it was serged but before it was straight stitched. Most of you would do the simple solution of un-picking the seam. Me? Hail no! I am that lazy that I'll take on more work to avoid the dreaded seam ripper. In order to make the front turned back look like it was meant to be I made a tiny fold and top stitched from the bottom of the "V" down to the gather of the bodice bottom. I then slapped on a fake button to make it look purposeful. Since the bodice bottom is gathered you can't even see the little fold-over portion. Yay! Crisis diverted. Patty, if you ever see this lovely top I've created from you pattern please know that I am a very lazy sloth. Your designs are awesome.
Edited: The fabrics used are by Moda Fabrics the Freebird by Momo line. Freebird Ovals in grape and Freebird Eggs in grape. Thanks for asking, Millie! I almost forgot to add the link for Make it Wear it! Aaaaaaaand since I put the button up for Elsie Marley's challenge it's also my first outfit for the week for her kids clothes week challenge.
... I made that