6.26.2010

Weekend Sewing


One of Chefs favorite shirts finally bit the dust. His loss, my gain. I love this fabric. He's owned the shirt for most of our marriage so the fabric is super soft from years of laundering. It actually reminds me of the feel of Heather Ross Mendocino line of fabric. I kept the front panel pocket and just cut the pattern around it. I like that the pocket is a little oversized for babywear. And yes, another Easy Fit Pant. What can I say? They are easy and they fit. I actually modified the pant a bit by cutting four pattern pieces instead of two pieces on the fold. So the pant has an inseam and side seams. I had to do this due to the nature of the upcycle.

3 comments:

LuLu and Moxley's Mom said...

Um, okay, I'm in awe. You have THREE kids and make stuff? I am a total slacker. Please tell me your husband worships you.

Sascha said...

Slacker? Puhlease! I sit in front of a sewing machine ignoring my three kids. At least you take yours to the park ;)

Amber said...

Haha! Love the commentary here. A battle I struggle with myself. At any rate, love the shorts. At first, before reading carefully, I thought you made your husbands shirt into a pair of boxer shorts for him so he could keep his beloved shirt. But, this is totally cuter as babywear! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...