I made this Baby-in-the-Hood Jacket for Vinny but it turned out a little girly. It's the dot fabric I think. The Alexander Henry 2D Zoo fabric and the brown corduroy is boyish enough. I just think the combination of the three looks like a little girls jacket.
I think I have this jacket figured out now. I'm not using 1/2" seam allowances next time. That is something that drives me nuts (I'll post on that another time). I'm going to make the next one about one inch longer (just personal preference on jacket length) and make the button placket a bit wider so that when I have a little more wiggle room in sewing. I think I also mentioned this on my previous post about the jacket... I'll also make the lining a tad smaller than the outer shell. I'm much happier with this jacket than the first because my topstitching was precise. I am a bit OCD when it comes to topstitching. If you are thinking about making this jacket it really is quite easy and the instructions are really quite clear. Also, since it's fully lined with no exposed seams you don't need a serger. The only drawback it that you are basically sewing two jackets so it takes a bit longer than I like to spend on a project. I need things that can be completed in a few nap times.
... I made that