6.08.2011

Addictions... the "good" kinds


I, like many of you, have quite the love affair going with Pinterest. If you haven't yet visited... maybe that's a good thing. I'm actually not a seriously prolific Pinterester, but I really, really love that damn thing. My bookmarks folder was getting out of control and honestly not very inspiring.

Another thing I seriously love is the iPhone photo app Instagram. I find myself taking lot's more photos out and about than I used to just because you can change the look dramatically with the filters.
{I use this filter a lot. I think it's called Nashville}


Anyhoo, this post actually contains some sewing if that's why you come here. Yesterday during nap time I made this raglan tee (from Ottobre, issue #?) I used an old girls t-shirt for the sleeves, a white baby rib for the body, cuff and neckband... and... do you see it? A Heather Ross VW Van applique. Oh how it pains me to even cut the smallest amount from this fabric. I really only have less than 1/4 yard of this great fabric. If you want to see a better picture of the fabric and an amazing set of garments made with it, visit this post by Rae.

My goal this week is to make a bunch of long and short sleeve raglan tees for this Summer. They are quick to make and oh so cute. Of course I'll need to throw in a few 90 minute shirts. My favorite.

4 comments:

Hashi said...

What is your instagram username? Mine is hashimeltzer.

Olivia said...

I am currently in love with Pinterest myself! Such a great way to keep all the WWW inspiration organized!

Carolyn said...

Oh, how I wish I actually put thought into my sewing like you. I feel like I always end up making a sweater in the middle of summer and a sundress in the middle of winter...

Unknown said...

I am fully addicted to pinterest, it looks like intagram may be my new love/time sucker! Super cute shirt ... but I've come the expect that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...