10.13.2011

You hear those crickets?


KCWC coming to a close and you can hear crickets coming from my sewing machine. Actually I was too lazy to re-thread the serger for these pants (black is currently on it) so I just pinked the edges. Whoo hoo for old style sewing.

It's been a less than productive sewing week. I really wanted to get so much completed, but I lacked a proper plan and ended up cutting about 12 pair of adorable little boy undies (for the little boy that is light years away from potty training and currently out of anything to actually wear). I is smaht.


I have no idea what the fabric is called. I bought it from Etsy a while back. I loved it because it has San Francisco, Chef and I lived there for a few years before we were married... and it has Rome, quite close to the town that we were married.

Since this fabric was purchased to make a Summer pant and we are headed into Winter, I lined it with white Kona cotton. I guess I would have preferred to use a flannel but I didn't have a solid that coordinated and I wasn't about to head to our local fabric craft shop to find some. Did you know that even JoAnn's is about an hour drive for me? Also all the lovely little brick and mortar fabric and sewing machine shops have closed down in my area. We have one quilting store but they carry quilting fabric that just isn't my cup of tea.


I'm not sure what this style quilting is called, but there are a lot of examples like this on the walls of that store.





7 comments:

Tennjenny said...

LOL. That's not my style, either.

P.S. I think the pants will be so much more comfortable than flannel lined ones would have been, but my skin crawls just thinking about flannel sheets. And active little boys, man that is just a recipe for sweaty. But I do live in Tennessee, so my perspective could be quite different.

Kimberly said...

OH! That fabric is haunting me! I love it. I wanted it so desperately for the backpack I sewed but knew it would end up being too floppy and didn't end up snagging it...now I'm kicking myself. I mean, those are some rad pants.

Carolyn said...

What? I think that quilting would look badass on some pants for Vinny :) Ha!
Oh, and I LOATHE re-threading my serger too. I kind of wish I could pay someone to do it for me...

Tina said...

oh that fabric is so awesome!
My friend bought a San Fransicso Fabric at Britex in Downtown SF last week, but it wasn't as lovely as this one - this is GREAT!

Perhaps this is some kind of a art quilt? I was in a quilt shop in San Mateo (or Redwood City?) some months ago, and the woman there didn't even know the name "Anna Maria Horner". And it was NOT because of my pronunciation. Hilarious! I was willing to spend some money, but couldn't find anything at all...

If you have ever time to come to the eastbay, just let me know - I would love to drink a coffee with you, here are some quite good fabric stores (stonemountain & daughter in Berkeley, Piedmont fabric in Oakland-Piedmont)

Greetings,
Tina

Unknown said...

Awesome fabric = awesome pants. My mother-in-law is that kind of quilter, which really sucks for me. Sorry that's your only fabric store :( I think you already paid you KCWC dues with that killer guest post, feel free to take the rest of the week off.

Very Shannon said...

Those pants are adorable! Love the print! And I know those quilt shops oh too well too. Cant even go in them, they hurt my eyes..lol.

Sandra said...

I love the fabric you chose. Makes me want to stash dive and make my boys some pants...thanks for the nudge :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...