4.27.2012

KCWC: Day Five


I've been sewing like mad... between all the normal things like a screaming toddler, an IEP for Rocco and life. Sewing this much after the break in garment sewing makes me realize how much I really enjoy making clothes for my kids.


 I just wish I had more time. And I miss making clothes for babies. I want a little girl to sew for. No, we are not going down that road again. Three is enough.



So it looks like I'm stuck making slightly girly clothes for my little boy. Sigh. I imagine the striped leggings would look fine if we would actually cut his hair.


Yes, I agree that this star waffle print is gender neutral, but paired with the leggins and his long blond curls I think I'll get more "oh she's so cute" comments than ever before.

The shirt is another Flashback Skinny Tee
Pants are self drafted and I literally just finished them tonight so I hope they fit. They look like they will fit great. Fingers crossed.

7 comments:

kristin said...

isn't it fun to feel like you can put all other projects aside and just focus on kid's clothes? i also like that it keeps me on a speedier blog pace. kind of exhilarating (and exhausting!).

Sam Adams said...

Just finished a very productive 5 hour sew session, thank goodness the hubster is off tomorrow to make up for my sleep deprivation from this week. now for a Jo-anns run in the morning... the star waffle is super cute, upcycle? I feel for you for girl sewing, I might just have a box of, "when we have a girl" stuff. loving all your posts this week!

Tennjenny said...

I do have a few "when we have a girl" items, and given that I'm about to deliver our third boy, I will be giving them away now. :-( The jury's still out whether I'll cut the baby's hair, though.

Inder-ific said...

Getting mistaken for a girl occasionally never hurt anyone. :-) When people think Joe is a girl (it happens), I will usually correct them, but then say, "I know, he's just so BEAUTIFUL, right?" Hehe. And I love boys with long locks, too. Okay, we'll see how Joe remembers this when he's old enough to seek psychological help, right?

Unknown said...

I love that star print and I think stripes are very boyish. If we ever have a chances to dress our boy slightly girly it's now before know or care. I am working on a pair of terry cloth dolphin shorts right now. I love his hair BTW.

ari said...

I reckon he can rock it! put some sneakers on him and NOT a hair clip ^_^

Kimberly said...

AHH! I LOVE this color/pattern combo. Red, black and white is kind of my thing. Actually if you made this in adult size, I would rock it. I think it's absolutely gender neutral. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...