The steps I took to bring this bed back to its old glory were as follows...
- Cleaned with denatured alcohol
- Stained with Minwax Golden Pecan
- Varnished with Minwax Fast drying Polyurethane in satin
- Steel wool (000)
- Varnished second coat
- First coat of Johnson's Paste Wax (I like the smell). Let dry and buff out
- Second coat of wax. Let dry and buff out.
I kid you not, after less than 48 hours Luca sat on the bed dangling her feet over the edge while wearing her tap shoes. Yes... scratches. Lots of them! Hey at least I got a photo. I love this great bed. My dad believes it to be a bed from Germany around 1890's. Since he's a retired antique dealer I kinda trust him on that one.