1.21.2011

The Insanity Continues


We have this tradition of decorating the dining room table the night before a birthday so when the kids wake up in the morning it's like a little party before school. I'm not sure how the tradition got started but my mom did it for my sister and I ever since I can remember. Of course to make things more difficult on myself I decided I wanted to make a fabric bunting to hang over the table. By decided I mean at 8 p.m. I started cutting out triangles. Clearly I'm not running on all cylinders. Chef mentioned to me they make a prescription for that.
 I cannot believe I finished the doll at 11:30 last night. The eyes are a bit wonky, but I love her dearly. Pictures soon to follow. Luca won't be home until tonight to unwrap her presents so we'll have to wait and see what the reaction is going to be. Today she took the school bus straight to a neighbors house for a birthday party. It's for one of her closest friends (and Girl Scout buddy). It was strange not having her come off the bus with Rocco. It's really not like me to even have her go to a strangers house without me there. Gosh, I say "stranger" like I don't even know the family. She's just never had a playdate over there. It's actually our Girl Scout troop leader and she is the mom of three girls. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would have an all girl birthday party at their house with 15 screeching 7 year old children. A drop off party with little or no help from other moms. In her defense she did email us that we could come a little early to pick up and there would be wine for the big girls. The party ends at 6:30. Do you think it would be rude to show up at 4:00 with an empty wine glass in hand?

Oh and I know you are itching to know what the bizarre photo is on the top of the collage.


 Chalk that up to asinine idea number 32 this week. At the kids school they are allowed to bring a treat on their birthday to share with the class. You know, cupcakes and such. Luca just adored these funny cupcakes from the book Hello Cupcake! Since I don't do the whole baking thing (I forgot about last year's mishap), I got store bought cupcakes from the market with blue frosting so all I had to do was decorate with circus peanuts, skittles and other junk. I love how they are just a bit creepy. It took forEVAH!!! Like I said... they have prescriptions for people like me.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...